Monday, November 01, 2010

Alessandra Duarte

Alessandra Duarte, what can I say? 

Whoever knows her, knows her talent as well.

She is that kind of person, that inspires. You watch her draw, or paint, and you get into trance - wishing you had that gift. 

Ale, graduated from Bard College with a BA in Studio Arts and Art History. Her work is fantastical-abstraction, influenced by Klimt, with the use of blue/green tones.

Some of her other influences are: Lucian Freud, Janaina Tschape, Rothko, Paul GauguinMatisse, and Peter Doig.

I'm not the best person to "criticize" paintings, so I'm going to stop right here. I'm just so happy she can finally show her work to the world!!!


Below are some of my favorite paintings for her recent work.




2 comments:

  1. Lindíssimos os quadros.
    beijocas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i like your blog very much it is very interesting, my name is andrés i'm a filmaker from ecuador, the filmindustry is borning here and i think it would be interesting to you to watch it, you can watch Rabia from Sebastian Cordero, if you want to know more from ecuadorian cinema you can mail me to xxxy@lycos.com or chat with me at windows messenger: deathlife@hotmail.es

    ReplyDelete